I very rarely have time to do a full face of makeup these days, but I became a pro at doing my makeup in the car, really quickly. I usually go for only 5 products and keep it very simple. I used to be the kind of person who doesn't leave the house without a smokey eye, so it's a big change, but I am now used to looking more natural.
1. My base of choice at the moment is the Clarins Instant Light Complexion Base and I absolutely love it. It gives surprisingly good coverage and looks very natural on the skin. I just buff it in with a flat top kabuki brush or use my fingers.
2. Instead of using a contour, bronzer, blusher and highlighter, I opt for the NARS mutliple in South Beach. It is a gorgeous shade and it adds warmth and a nice glow to my cheeks and cheekbones in one sweep. I buff it in with the same brush.
3. I totally skip any eyeshadow and move straight onto the lashes. I curl them with my Shu Uemura curlers and use my favourite mascara - Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde in ultra black. I love how long my lashes look when I don't use liquid liner.
4. I could skip eyebrows, because they look ok naturally, but... good eyebrows really help to frame your face and I feel like my makeup is incomplete without them. I have been using the Illamasqua Brow Gel in Stare religiously since the day I got it and it is amazing! Read my review here.
5. Last step usually varies each day, but I have been reaching for nude glosses for my lips most of the time. The Bourjois Sweet Kiss Lipgloss in shade 02 is just lovely (review here)!
That's it. It takes me less than 5 minutes!
If I have a bit more time, I also add some Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Lumionous Light, Clarins Instant Concealer, a Kiko beige eye pencil in the waterline, Bourjois Liquid liner (yep, I mastered doing it in a moving car!) and a proper lip - Mac Soar Liner and Dior Lip Maximizer - the best combo ever!
The makeup bag I am currently using by Emma Lomax. I got it right before I ended up in the hospital in July, so it is now out of stock, but there's plenty of other gorgeous designs to choose from.
What does you 5 product face consist of?
DISCLAIMER: I don't do my makeup whilst driving! I don't even have a driving license! I do it in the passenger seat while my husband drives the car. I am not stupid!