If you follow me on instagram, you might have noticed that I have been drinking smoothies for breakfast since Wednesday. I love smoothies, so when Alpro asked me if I want to take part in their #AlproAM (Alpro Almond Mornings) challenge, I couldn't say no. I was kindly sent some of their Unsweetened Almond Milk, a recipe book and some cool goodies, including a Fitbit Flex and some beauty products. I am not good at following recipes though, so I have been whipping up my own concoctions and sharing them on instagram. I have made 5 different smoothies so far and all of them were delicious.
1. The first smoothie I made was a mixture of banana and spinach. It is probably my favourite, simple recipe and it is super easy to make. I used 1 ripe banana, 1 big chunk of frozen spinach and 200ml of unsweetened almond milk. The banana adds a lot of sweetness, so you don't have to add honey etc.
2. Something less sweet than a banana smoothie, but equally delicious :) I used a couple of big chunks of Cantaloupe melon, one kiwi, 200ml of unsweetened almond milk and a tablespoon of Viridian Beauty Oil. Very refreshing.
3. This one is for chocolate lovers! I wanted to make it taste like Terry's Chocolate Orange and it worked! I used 1 orange, 200ml of almond milk and some Chocolate Cookie Syrup. I would normally use raw cocoa powder, but I had none left. If you use cocoa powder, make sure to add some honey too, to make the smoothie nice and sweet.
4. If you hate cucumber, just ignore this one :) I love it! I used 1/3 cucumber, 1 chunk of frozen spinach, juice of 1/2 lemeon, 1 kiwi, 1 tablespoon of honey and 200ml of almond milk. So yummy!
5. Chai Latte smoothie? Yep! I used 2 tablespoons of Spiced Chai Latte Powder, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 ripe banana and 200ml of almond milk. Oh my... it was DELICIOUS!
If you have any smoothie recipes you think I would like, let me know in the comments below.
Next week, I will be trying out some of the Alpro recipes included in the little booklet I received.
*I was kindly sent a gift pack, including Alpro products