I thought I should update you all on my weight loss 'progress' after a long break. First of all...I can't believe it is now the end of January and I still haven't lost those 'Christmas pounds' despite exercising and eating healthy. Don't worry, I am not going to moan too much :) I just need more motivation. The fact that we are going on holiday in July should be enough to make me exercise more, but I am sick of doing the same routines and using my bike. I have to switch it up a bit. I apologise in advance, if the post turns into a ramble :)
1. I ordered a Blogilates journal recently and started writing down everything I eat + exercise, sleep, water intake etc... It is a 12 week journal, perfect for those who need help to stay on track. I wish it was a 52 week journal to be honest, but I am glad I got it anyway. Putting my 'before' picture on one of the pages was a scary moment, but I am hoping to see some progress after 12 weeks of regular workouts.
You can buy the journal here for $30.00 (the delivery takes about 2 weeks). It is overpriced... I know :/
2. I have been drinking a lot of green tea and my favourite way to have it is with ice. I put one teabag of Lemon flavoured Green Tea into a 500ml shaker, add 100ml of boiling water and let it brew for a minute. After removing the tea bag, I add some ice and cold water. Surprisingly, the flavour is very delicate and I really enjoy it. If you are not a fan of normal green tea, try having the flavoured options served as ice tea. Yummy!
Speaking of drinks...I am planning to buy a juicer soon and I have my eye on the Phillips HR1861 from amazon. I can't believe how expensive juicers are, but this one seems like a bargain and does fruit and veggies.
3. With my blogilates journal, I received a free 12 week meal plan and it included a lot of Quinoa. I ordered it on amazon (you can buy it in a supermarkets as well) and I became obsessed with it pretty quickly. It is sooo yummy! It is actually a seed, not a grain, but it is prepared like couscous and rice. It is full of protein, really good for your body and very yummy.
4. Speaking of the meal plan.... I am not good at following any plans and after being frustrated about not being able to get my hands on Edamame beans, I gave up. I just check my meal plan to see, if I can get some inspiration for new recipes etc, but I prefer my own dishes and a more varied 'clean' diet to be honest. Would you be able to stick to a meal plan? I just can't do it.
5. I have been doing my usual exercises, mostly using my stationary bike and adding some cardio routines, like Blogilates or Tone It Up. My favourite is still the Gangnam Style routine, but I have been loving the Pop Kicks as well. Ouch, my legs were so sore after my first try...
6. Just like I said, I am a bit bored with doing the same stuff, so I am planning to order a kettlebell set next week to switch things up a bit. I remember Andy (aka Pampered Prince) recommending kettlebell workouts to me and I think I will really enjoy it. I found this set under £50 and it looks perfect. Let me know, if you know about any cheaper ones.
I must admit, losing weight isn't easy and I have been really emotional and hormonal recently, so I haven't lost a single pound. Well... I did, but I put it back on. So annoying. I am not planning to give up though. I have my holiday to look forward to and I want to feel comfortable on the beach. I am not obsessed with the perfect bikini body and I think that plus size girls can look just as good in swimwear, but I personally don't feel confident enough to rock a bikini etc..
Sooo... On a happier note... I am not even thinking about quitting, but I am taking things slowly, setting myself smaller goals. After all, I already lost over 2 st which is a great achievement. I was getting close to the 3st mark In Nov/Dec, but just like I said, I put some weight back on so my total loss at the moment is about 2,5 st. To keep myself a bit more motivated, I like to try on certain clothes to see my progress. I recently tried on a top I used to wear as a tight vest and it is loose, so I am definitely doing something right. It is just hard to stay positive, when you work your butt off and the scales show no difference. Unfortunately, in my case I have to see results on the scales, because the number is way too high. It's actually ridiculous...
Sorry for such a ramble, but I really wanted to share my thoughts :) Are you on a weight loss journey? Do you get really upset when you hit a plateau or put some weight back on? What are your favourite 'at home' workouts?
For regular fitness updates and healthy meal ideas, follow me on Instagram HERE or search my username: theblackpearlb