As soon as you enter my bathroom, you can see that all beauty product on the shelves belong to me and my husband's only belongings are a toothbrush and an electric shaver. Typical. I have always been intrigued by my husbands simple 'regime' and I can't believe that it actually works for him. His skin looks great, he never gets breakouts and his complexion is glowing! What is his secret?
He simply washes his face with water, slaps on some moisturiser and he is good to go. That's it! Sometimes I manage to convince him to use a clay mask, like REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask, but it only happens every two/three months :) haha. I am also trying to slowly introduce him to eye creams and serums, but he always forgets to use them. When it comes to body care , he can't really use anything, because his skin is very sensitive and prone to allergic reactions . He recently stopped using shower gels and shampoos and his skin and hair have never been in better condition. Seriously! So what products does my husband actually use? Well, here are his favourites:
1. Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream* (£26.99 via www.biggreensmile.com) - This face cream is Scott's HG skincare product and one he actually enjoys using. He usually moans about moisturisers and tells me that they are too sticky, don't hydrate his skin or smell bad :) haha. When he tried the Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream he couldn't fault it. In fact, he said that it is the only face cream he would like me to repurchase for him. He always uses a lot of it, so the jar only lasts for a month, but... it is an amazing product and it is worth every penny!. I love it too, because it is very hydrating and smells divine! It sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't leave a residue. It is packed with amazing, natural ingredients and it should work on all skin types. Alternatively, he uses the Organic Surge Blissful Daily Moisturiser or Liz Earle Skin Repair.
2. Bumble and Bumble BB Texture Hair Undressing Creme (£8.93, 60ml) - Another product 'borrowed' from my stash. It is light, doesn't feel greasy and adds a nice texture to Scott's hair. It does exactly what it says on 'the tin' and you can't see it in the hair after the application.
3. Ortigia Fico D'India* (£55.00) - surprise, surprise... Another unisex product :) I adore this scent and I am really happy to see Scott reaching for it every day. I have far too many EDP's anyway and he needed something to replace his favourite Carolina Herrera 212 (I will buy him one for Christmas).
4. Vaseline Aloe Sensitive Roll-On (£1.35, 50ml) - Scott's skin is very sensitive, so he can only use very gentle roll-on's. This one doesn't irritate his skin or trigger eczema and it does the job. Perfect!
5. Osmo Wax Pomade (100ml, £6.20) The last thing is another hair care product. Unlike the mattifying BB Texture Creme, this one adds shine to dull hair and a bit of texture. It gives a more relaxed look and it smells like coconuts!!! I have been reaching for it too, to make my hair look sleek and get rid of any frizz.
What product are in your boyfriend's/ husband's beauty stash? I would love to know :)
*PR samples sent to me,
stolen borrowed by my husband :)